Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remastering Elive (scripts)

Posted by gplgeek 
Remastering Elive (scripts)
August 30, 2007 01:24PM
I'm about to test my scripts here but I was requested to post them first. Consider this alpha/draft. I have remastered my CDs before and these seem to be accurate to the naked eye but go ahead and test them. Anyone with a basic knowledge of linux should be able to get these working with lille modification.

I plan to later add in better variable paths and pass values when calling the script to override default values etc. Even planned to offer a GUI Elive Remaster at some point. *maybe somebody with edje know-how can help me out*

#This version is for testing only, please give me feedback on the forums or email gplgeek -@- gmail.com message subject: REMASTER so it goes into the right inbox.
#If everything works out here I will think of making a GUI for this stuff... I have not tested these exact steps myself how they are written but I have reamastered elive many times.
#Tell me what you think. Consider this a alpha test.

echo Another Set of Scripts and HOWTO: By PrinceAMD and GPLGeek

#RemasterElive.sh
# Firstly, I recommend you get a copy of 'Elive Gem 1.0', GET IT!!! (EliveCD.org)
# This script assumes you have Elive_1.0_Gem.iso in / you should change that to the path to your iso.
# USE AS ROOT!!!

echo Default ISO Name: Elive_1.0_Gem.iso
echo Default ISO Path: User's Home
ISOName="Elive_1.0_Gem.iso"
ISOPath="'/"

mkdir /mnt/iso

mkdir /mnt/squashfs

mkdir /mnt/edit

mount "$ISOPath""$ISOName" /mnt/iso -t iso9660 -o loop

mount -t squashfs -o loop /mnt/iso/base/base /mnt/squashfs

cp -a /mnt/squashfs/* /mnt/edit

cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/edit/etc/

cp /etc/hosts /mnt/edit/etc

chroot /mnt/edit

mount -t proc none /proc

mount -t sysfs none /sys

export HOME=/root

export LC_ALL=C

apt-get update
echo to remove packages
echo apt-get remove --purge package name
echo 
echo to upgrade and add packages  do
echo
echo apt-get upgrade
echo apt-get install package name

echo Do all your editing and when you are done,
echo type: sh makesquash.sh

#END

#makesquash.sh
mkdir /mnt/newiso
cp -a /mnt/iso/* /mnt/newiso
rm -r /mnt/newiso/base/base

#To make squashfs
mksquashfs /mnt/newiso/base/base /mnt/edit/

#END

#makeiso.sh
#Now to actually make the ISO you may need to edit your desired paths below, have fun.

mkisofs -r -V "$IMAGE_NAME" -cache-inodes -J -l -b /mnt/newiso/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c /mnt/newiso/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o /mnt/Gem_redo.iso /mnt/hda3/newiso

#on second thought I should have made $path_variables and fed them in as parameters, will do that in second version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 04:31AM by anu.
Re: HowTo Remaster Elive (scripts)
September 11, 2007 12:53PM
nice works great
August 04, 2010 08:18AM
Hi.
Is this script still working?i'm thinking of making my own based on elivecd by adding some set of tools for security related task..

Thanks.
October 06, 2010 08:48AM
Hi,
Thhis still should work but careful! It is based on Elive Gem (1.0)! Not Topaz (2.0)
Hope it can help...
Ciao

MerMouY

Some of my websites:
Communautary website idea: [teams.elivecd.org]
Personnal website: [perso.youm.org]
Rwanda, french community: [rwandaises.fr]
YouM's streeshow: [youm.org]
October 09, 2010 09:04AM
Hmm sounds like a practical idea...I run live all the time while waiting for some things to get fixed. I could replace audacious with xmms, and add tmux, mpc, and qiv, remove some logs (huge at initial startup?) and so on and shrinkwrap that iso. Probably free up tty0/VT1. Finally use gujin to boot that bad boy for testing (the rest can stick with their VMs). The best part could be, it will boot to my personal configuration for the desktop, with the keybindings and all, ready to rock n roll. That is, if I did it right.

If you don't see me in these forums for about a month...DON'T call missing persons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login