Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(SOLVED!) - Stop autoopen flash's & cd's..

Posted by jtwdyp 
(SOLVED!) - Stop autoopen flash's & cd's..
November 14, 2009 02:15PM
I never ever did like my computer to try to guess what I want it to do without my having expressly told it to...

If I stick a cd or dvd in the drive I not only don't want it to be automaticaly opened/mounted/played I don't want some pop-up process to jump in my way demanding to know what I'm going to do with it. (if I was going to "play" the disk I'd expicitly start a player, {And I don't always choose to use the same one})

If I connect a flash drive to a usb port, I don't want it automatically added. And I certainly don't want it mounted on
/media/something... There are two flahdrives I'm likely to add. As well as an salvaged ide drive in a usb drive encloseure with one partition dedicated to storeing all my music files that I want access to from any "normal" user login and several archival partitions that I'd selectively mount as root when needed. I actualy have /etc/fstab entries to let me use the command line to to mount three user access items as a user (usualy with the help of midnight commander which lets me quickly select the mountpoint and type:
"mount <ctrl>+<enter><enter>" I really don't want to find them already mounted someplace else...
/dev/disk/by-id/usb-USB_Flash_Disk_2008032800001952-0:0-part1        /drv-zip/usbZipShuttle/gray  auto user,noauto     0       0
/dev/disk/by-id/usb-TOSHIBA_TransMemory_5B8603000081-0:0-part1        /drv-zip/usbZipShuttle/white  auto user,noauto     0       0
/dev/disk/by-id/usb-WDC_WD16_00AAJB-00WRA0___________-0:0-part2        /home/MusicStuff/theMusicStuff  auto user,noauto     0       0
So anyway, how do I convince elive to WAIT for me to tell it I'm ready to do something instead of jumping in my way simply because it detects something freshly inserted/connected?????????

Thanks in advance!

--
jtwdyp

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2011 05:19AM by anu.
Re: Can I stop elive from automaticly opening flashdrives and cd's etc?????????????
December 11, 2009 08:24AM
Usually linux distrubutions had autofs to the mount job, but I cannot find it on elive or any other daemon like autofs.

Did you already find out how to disable that annoying function ?

Regards.
-Jose
Re: Can I stop elive from automaticly opening flashdrives and cd's etc?????????????
January 05, 2010 10:31AM
Hi,
I think in Elive you have to look at ivman daemon for automounting.
You can also disable it in Enlightenment I think.
2 way for that (I don't know which one is used):
_From thunar preferences panel under the tab named "advanced".
_Or in Enlightenment conf panel=>Files=>FileBrowser=>Tab named "HAL"

Hope it helps...
Ciao @+

MerMouY

Some of my websites:
Communautary website idea: [teams.elivecd.org]
Personnal website: [perso.youm.org]
Rwanda, french community: [rwandaises.fr]
YouM's streeshow: [youm.org]
February 18, 2010 06:50AM
"HAL" menu did it, thanks !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login