Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wifi broadcom bcm43xx

Posted by xbear 
wifi broadcom bcm43xx
December 21, 2007 09:29AM
Hi, i have some problems trying to install my bcm43xx wifi board, have a notebook compaq v3218la, the ubuntu drivers did not work on elive, i can install the debian etch drivers and the firmware with the cut tool, but the blue light of wireless not turn on.

Some idea? tks.
Re: wifi broadcom bcm43xx
December 21, 2007 03:08PM
xbear,

I dunno about the kernel drivers but ndiswrapper works fine on mine. BCM4306 compaq r4000 laptop.
December 24, 2007 05:30PM
same here, im using a compaq V3117la and using ndiswrapper works fine
December 26, 2007 02:47PM
So, I have revisited this issue. You will need to install the bcm43xx-fwcutter utility from apt. That will also fetch the firmware that you need to load to be able to turn your antenna on.

Make sure to read the info at linuxwireless.org if it doesn't just jump out at you.
December 27, 2007 12:56PM
Hey, another note regarding the bc43xx driver on the Compaq R4000. The automated driver download from apt doesn't work right. However, if you download from the appropriate link on linuxwireless.org and run bcm43xx-fwcutter you will be in there like swimwear.

The little blue light flickers when there is activity unlike under ndiswrapper (it stays on constantly).
December 28, 2007 06:07AM
Thanks to all for the issues, i've installed the bcm43xx-fwcutter and download the firmware, then i run

bcm43xx-fwcutter wl_apsta.o

But not with the linuxwireless.org firmware. I try with this one tomorrow and post the results.

Hapy new year for all. tks.-
January 03, 2008 04:12PM
In case u need another way:

I just downloaded the driver from the hp site [ftp.hp.com] and extracted it in my pc with windows. I took the folder to my elive and open a terminal there, then i just typed ndiswrapper -i bcmlw5.inf and that's all. my wireless works perfect. I just edited /etc/modules adding ndiswrapper and the wireless starts automatically when booting elive.

By the way, this driver supports
Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g
Broadcom 802.11 b/g
Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g

so i think u'll be ok with this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login