Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linksys Wireless in Elive GEM

Linksys Wireless in Elive GEM
February 11, 2008 05:28PM
I just downloaded Elive GEM and I am trying to get my wireless working on it before I install it to my HD. I tried a few guides for installing the wireless but none seemed to work. I have a Linksys WUSB54Gv4 wireless network adapter and I have gotten it to work in Ubuntu, Mepis, Sabayon, Dream Linux, Linux Mint, and Mandriva. Can anyone give me a hand? I have already reviewed the posts in this forum. I installed the rt2500usb driver but when I do 'ndiswrapper -l' I get an invalid drive message. Thanks!
Re: Linksys Wireless in Elive GEM
February 13, 2008 01:02PM
I am still having issues getting this to work. I have tried a few guides but no success. Any help would be appreciated!
February 13, 2008 11:38PM
Have you tested ndiswrapper ?
February 14, 2008 05:44AM
Tested how? I am not sure what you mean, sorry... I am still kind of new.
rab
February 14, 2008 09:11AM
I think this uses the rt2750 chipset and should therefore be supported by a native kernel module.

What does dmesg say when you plug in the adaptor? Try checking lsmod to see if anything related to rt2500 or rt2750 is being loaded.

Searching apt for rt2750 should turn up the relavent kernel modules or compile them yourself from source.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 09:19AM by rab.
February 14, 2008 09:42AM
Thanks for the replies, I will try this tonight when I get home and post back with my results.
February 17, 2008 08:43AM
Didn't work... I have been testing it for the past few days. Any other ideas?
rab
February 18, 2008 03:15AM
Did you identify the chipset?
Any error messages? dmesg? compile errors?
February 19, 2008 07:03PM
It's a Ralink chipset. It uses the rt2570 driver. I am not sure what to do from here. I am not sure how to compile the modules myself.
rab
February 21, 2008 01:03PM
Instructions for how to compile are included with the source. The drivers website has a forum where lots of help is available.

The simplest option should be to install the module via synaptic. The package is called rt2x00-modules-2.6.18-elive.

The command lsmod should confirm that the module "rt2500usb" is loaded after you plug in the stick.

Typing as root "ifconfig wlan0 up" should activate the interface.

"iwlist wlan0 scanning" shows detected access points.

Does this work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login