Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belkin usb network adapter

Posted by Neumorin 
Belkin usb network adapter
April 15, 2008 04:56PM
Does it work with elive? Also do windows cd's work with elive? Id like to be able to install the drivers for it if it doesnt do it itself...
Re: Belkin usb network adapter
April 16, 2008 10:40AM
I cant even get a response..shows how "user friendly" elive is...and i havent even tried it yet
May 17, 2008 11:42AM
A few moments ago, I had success connecting with a Belkin USB Network adapter. I have had problems with wifi-radar in Zenwalk 5.0, and learned to install and use "wicd". Now, in a very beautiful Elive e17 installation at my Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop, with wicd my wireless network appears available, and my laptop was succesfully connected to my router. You must install the M$ driver at the CD of Belkin N.Adapter, and as root do: modprobe -i ndiswrapper If ifconfig does not show the interface wlan0, then do ifconfig wlan0 up The green light of the adapter will blink Then, follow this instructiosn to install wicd: See the page http: / / wicd.sourceforge.net /download.php

Installing Wicd in Debian

You can also use the apt repository. Just add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http: // apt.wicd.net debian extras

Now you can apt-get update and apt-get install wicd

Troubleshooting If Wicd fails to connect after you install it, make sure that the only entry in your /etc/network/interfaces file is

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

You can change the contents of this file by typing as root in elive:

cream /etc/network/interfaces

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2008 12:03PM by maceiras.
anu
March 15, 2011 05:38AM
[forum.elivecd.org]
read helps ?
Re: ZTE MF60, MF30, E5832 router
July 29, 2011 09:14PM
zte mf60 is better than mf30 and E5832, but it is expensive than mf30 and e5832. You get what you pay for.enlightenment
we should choose it according to our needs, i think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login