Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive

Posted by Jeff91 
Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
April 28, 2010 09:53AM
Howdy All,

I recently purchased a netbook and it has the cursed GMA 500 graphics chip in it - currently the only distro I have been able to get the drivers to compile under have been Ubuntu based. I would really like to use Elive on it though! Has anyone been successful in compiling the GMA500 drivers under Elive? Using the system in an 800x600 resolution is horrid and I just can't bring myself to do it >.<

I did find this guide for compiling the driver under Debian, but after several hours of trying to debug the various errors it threw while compiling I eventually gave up :-/

Open to suggestions on how I can get this chip working in my 1024x600 resolution under Elive.

EDIT: Sorry for the double thread, I didn't realize that my first post from my phone had been successful.

Regards,
~Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 09:55AM by Jeff91.
Re: Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
May 02, 2010 11:05AM
Anyone? *bump*

~Jeff
Intel GMA500
April 28, 2010 08:53AM
Howdy All,

I recently purchased a netbook that sports the horrid GMA500 graphics chip - anyone have the drivers for this one working under Elive? So far I have only been able to get them to work under Ubuntu - I would love to use Elive on the system however running in an 800x600 is unbearable... I found a guide for installing the GMA500 under Debian however it failed compiling the drivers at several points on Elive and after several hours of working at it with no success I threw in the towel.

Anyone have any tips for getting this turd of a graphics chip to work under Elive?

~Jeff
Re: Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
September 23, 2012 02:48PM
Hi Jeff! Im have same problem, you can solved?
Saludos!
Tete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login