Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive

Posted by Jeff91 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Intel GMA500
April 28, 2010 12:53AM
Howdy All,

I recently purchased a netbook that sports the horrid GMA500 graphics chip - anyone have the drivers for this one working under Elive? So far I have only been able to get them to work under Ubuntu - I would love to use Elive on the system however running in an 800x600 is unbearable... I found a guide for installing the GMA500 under Debian however it failed compiling the drivers at several points on Elive and after several hours of working at it with no success I threw in the towel.

Anyone have any tips for getting this turd of a graphics chip to work under Elive?

~Jeff
Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
April 28, 2010 01:53AM
Howdy All,

I recently purchased a netbook and it has the cursed GMA 500 graphics chip in it - currently the only distro I have been able to get the drivers to compile under have been Ubuntu based. I would really like to use Elive on it though! Has anyone been successful in compiling the GMA500 drivers under Elive? Using the system in an 800x600 resolution is horrid and I just can't bring myself to do it >.<

I did find this guide for compiling the driver under Debian, but after several hours of trying to debug the various errors it threw while compiling I eventually gave up :-/

Open to suggestions on how I can get this chip working in my 1024x600 resolution under Elive.

EDIT: Sorry for the double thread, I didn't realize that my first post from my phone had been successful.

Regards,
~Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 01:55AM by Jeff91.
Re: Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
May 02, 2010 03:05AM
Anyone? *bump*

~Jeff
Re: Intel GMA500 gfx card and Elive
September 23, 2012 06:48AM
Hi Jeff! Im have same problem, you can solved?
Saludos!
Tete.