Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN

Posted by Ricci 
Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN
November 20, 2010 07:32AM
Hi!... First of all, I really like Elive...this distribution helped me in the past, when I had a slow machine...and I still like it..

Now, the problem. Yesterday, I installed the last stable version (Elive Topaz 2.0) from a bootable USB key created with the utility included in the LiveCD... But I can't have wireless connection...

I have a Wifi Router...It is working well... I think the problem is the driver for my network adapter...

I'm a little newbie in Linux... I studied about it, but i never used it frequently...

This is what I tried:
- I downloaded the firmware and extracted the content into various folders, cause I don't know the correct one:
- /lib/firmware
- /usr/lib/firmware

- I've tried booting Elive in the mode for repairing, and choosing the option that searches in my Windows folder for the Wifi driver...
- I've configured the archive /etc/network/interfaces with my network properties...
- I've tried installing the Windows driver from the console...

I don't know what to do... And I don't want to use another Linux distribution...

Any help??

Thank you very much!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 01:19PM by Ricci.
Re: Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN
January 02, 2011 05:44PM
Did you ever find out a solution? I have the exact same problem and cant get around it
January 03, 2011 05:13AM
No, I didn't... Sadly, I installed another distro...
March 20, 2011 04:18PM
Did you try ndiswrapper?
March 20, 2011 09:21PM
No I didn't... Now I'm using another Distro...but if someone find a solution, I'll use Elive again
March 14, 2016 04:25AM
I've tried booting Elive in the mode for repairing, and choosing the option that searches in my Windows folder for the Wifi driver...

== http://www.solitairecardgame.info/ ==

waleeed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 11:41PM by waleeed00.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login