Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN

Posted by Ricci 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN
November 19, 2010 11:32PM
Hi!... First of all, I really like Elive...this distribution helped me in the past, when I had a slow machine...and I still like it..

Now, the problem. Yesterday, I installed the last stable version (Elive Topaz 2.0) from a bootable USB key created with the utility included in the LiveCD... But I can't have wireless connection...

I have a Wifi Router...It is working well... I think the problem is the driver for my network adapter...

I'm a little newbie in Linux... I studied about it, but i never used it frequently...

This is what I tried:
- I downloaded the firmware and extracted the content into various folders, cause I don't know the correct one:
- /lib/firmware
- /usr/lib/firmware

- I've tried booting Elive in the mode for repairing, and choosing the option that searches in my Windows folder for the Wifi driver...
- I've configured the archive /etc/network/interfaces with my network properties...
- I've tried installing the Windows driver from the console...

I don't know what to do... And I don't want to use another Linux distribution...

Any help??

Thank you very much!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 05:19AM by Ricci.
Re: Problems with Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN
January 02, 2011 09:44AM
Did you ever find out a solution? I have the exact same problem and cant get around it
January 02, 2011 09:13PM
No, I didn't... Sadly, I installed another distro...
March 20, 2011 08:18AM
Did you try ndiswrapper?
March 20, 2011 01:21PM
No I didn't... Now I'm using another Distro...but if someone find a solution, I'll use Elive again