Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New FORUM website

Posted by Thanatermesis 
New FORUM website
November 07, 2014 02:20AM
I really like this forum website, but... Is old and I found that should be better if we move to another one, newer and better, improved technology.

These are the main reasons:

- users should not require to create (register) accounts, this is (in these days) a boring step to push users to not use it
    - it needs to be more userfriendly, less steps, more active, less captchas and more automated
    - you can see a ton of features (reasons) on the candidate section, which is also based on ruby so that could be easy to create powerful plugins/needs on it

Now the BAD things about moving to another forum system:

- this forum is some kinda nice and with some personality, don't you think? emosmile
    - we will lose all our threads, of course (by other side we could keep a copy of this forum online and active, but will be not the primary one)

And the Candidate is... [www.discourse.org]

Try it! and give some feedback here emosmile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 02:21AM by Thanatermesis.
Re: New FORUM website
November 07, 2014 03:57AM
Many years in this forum !! It is part of the history of Elive.

Greetings.
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
Re: New FORUM website
November 07, 2014 04:05AM
Yeah, I agree, but we cannot import the old threads here , we can only have 2 forums websites, one for the old forum which is this one and another for the new one, I can of course include references of "if you want to go to the old forum..." in different specific locations, even in the new forum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login