Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

no boot after install

Posted by alban 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
no boot after install
March 09, 2008 01:57AM
Hello,

I have a macbook that's been running on ubuntu for a while (no macOS). I am looking for something fresh and I am very interested in elive for macbook. The livecd works pretty well. What I want to try is a clean single boot install of elive. macOS uninstalled I can't do what is said at the beginning of the installer (partitioning and configuring boot loader from macOS). I guess that is why I can't boot on anything after installing (I only have 1 or 2 lines at the prompt, something about grub that can't load if I remember well). There was no special warning or message during install (simple install with a 10 Gb "/" partition, a separate "/home" and 2 Gb of swap).. Some help someone please? thanks

Alban
Re: no boot after install
March 09, 2008 03:03AM
I've seen this post that looks very similar : [forum.elivecd.org]

but I don't really understand some of the things said. and when I run the gptsync command I have an error saying that there is no gpt table on my disk.
November 26, 2008 09:42AM
Please try the installer of new development version 1.9.18
November 29, 2008 05:15PM
After installing the development version 1.9.18 it canĀ“t boot because only display the Ram Test and doesn't appear the elive.
I have installed elive over an existing Ubuntu 8.10 partition.