Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hello

Posted by eiichi 
hello
August 28, 2007 12:08PM
Hi, all. I have a trouble of starting Elive's CD. I made the Elive's installation CD, and inserted it into my macbook and restarted the machine. But, the CD did not start, but OS-X started. Please tell me how to start the CD. Thank you.
Re: hello
August 30, 2007 05:42AM
ok, you need to log into OSX and enable booting from cd... Macs don't have an actual BIOS, so damn near everything is controlled from within the OS. Anyway, here is how you will want to do this: System Preferences -> System - Startup Disk -> (unlock in the lower left corner) -> Select the cd -> restart computer. Now make sure that the ISO is in the drive before you try it, otherwise you will not have a cd to select. Also, if you decide to install(and I fully recomend it! emosmile ) Keep in mind that you only have one shot at resizing OSX. If you resize and need it smaller, then you will have to reinstall OSX. Also, I fully recomend installing rEFIt. -> [refit.sourceforge.net] <- and the documentation: -> [refit.sourceforge.net] <- This is installed in OSX and will prompt you during every startup to select which OS to boot.

Also, I don't want to sound like an ass, but when you burned the ISO cd did you write it as a bootable ISO? I only ask because I have made the same mistake(a few times) hmmmm .

Anyway, enjoy the best interface for MacBooks yet!

**Update**

I just found out that you can boot from cd by simply holding down the "C" key during boot-up. From what I understand, this only works for the late-model Intel-based Macs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2007 08:13AM by MacUser.
August 31, 2007 06:19PM
Aparently you have the bug of the booting system, please try again with the version beta-9 just released, i think that this problem is solved on this version
September 03, 2007 10:06AM
Also try holding the alt option button down from the push of the power button before it makes the start up sound. This will start spinning the CD and it will giving you two options mac OSX on said OSX hard drive and a cd that says windows and that is the one you want to choose. if that doesn't work then I don't know what the problem is. The C key just boots the cd the alt option give you both options.
November 13, 2007 04:03PM
Ahem, as a very long term mac user, started on se30s. I can assure you that as long as I can remember macs that have been bootable from cd could be booted by holding down c on startup (it may have been d at one point). There are newer uptions, but there has always been a key-press for booting from non hardrive sources. Boot time operations is one thing apple has done very well from the earliest apple IIs forward. Not to be a mac fan, but I have been tinkering on computers since I was four or five and I am 28 now. And I have always enjoyed apple products. Not that I don't love linux, but I know what I grew up with, merits and flaws.

MacUser wrote:
Anyway, enjoy the best interface for MacBooks yet!

Update

I just found out that you can boot from cd by simply holding down the "C" key during boot-up. From what I understand, this only works for the late-model Intel-based Macs.
November 26, 2007 03:46AM
2 eiichi:
I think, that need to make the virtual CD end insert him with the program "daemon tools". You can download this soft from all of free softvare warez site. Check it!

The best LAPTOP REVIEW web is: [www.laptop-enews.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login