Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

New test with b9

Posted by Bazou 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New test with b9
September 04, 2007 04:46PM
Hi all,

I just tested yesterday the live version of elive (I didn't installed on my HD). I got the new MacBookPro Santa Rosa (with the nvidia 8600M GT card).

There were many problems:

- The sound didn't work. In dmesg i got the following message:
Unknown model for ALC882, trying auto-probe from BIOS.
It seems that the alsa driver didn't recognize the MBP3 version of this sound card.

- The Nvidia drivers didn't work at all, althought there is a patched version of this driver wich work well. Is it patched in elive?
The nv driver didn't worked too. I used the vesa one in order to launch entrance.

- the network seems to have also problems: I configured my network ethernet card to work with DHCP, but when I activate the interface the card didn't receive a IP. I only use the elive GUI, didn't test manually.

- In french version there is several language mistakes: the "é" and "è" seems to have problems sometimes (instead there is a "u").

- The clock didn't set correctly to my region and changed the timezone in my hard installed linux.

- gpommed didn't seems to work neither. Can't change volume settings with "Fn + F5" or change the brightness.

- The good point: the touchpad worked well with multi-fingers.

If you need more information just post a reply wink

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gilles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2007 04:56PM by Bazou.
Re: New test with b9
October 01, 2007 08:28PM
Thanks for your feedback:

* Sound not works on mbp3, correct, i need to update the driver
* nvidia, the bug seems fixed on a recent driver (included on beta-10), please download it (available soonly) and try if nvidia works now
* Wireless seems to have problems with the WEP key, disable the WEP and it works (for now, i need to found the solution to that)
* the languages not works well on the liveCD mode, but it works correctly after you install it|
* timezone... everytime problems with this and other OS, nobody seems to like standards
* the keys needs to work directly, without gpommed (just pommed works by default), at least on <mbp3