Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

task selection on a bar

Posted by Tristano 
task selection on a bar
May 10, 2008 03:03AM
i think that it's not so good have to minimize application in order to go an another application...
Re: task selection on a bar
May 15, 2008 08:52AM
??????????????
LoL
November 14, 2008 05:40PM
You can just ALT+TAB, like in Windows - It even automatically moves your mouse-pointer to the selected window!

Or you can configure the middle mouse-button to work in any zone .. But you'll have to use a 1.9.x_unstable for this [1] - I haven't found a way to do this in GEM yet

Personally, I'd hate to see a taskbar in eLIve ... (or at least I'd hate to see one I couldn't get rid of in favour of the middle-click) - I much prefer to have it under my mouse-menu ... (It saves all that unnecessary mousing around)

---

[1]Or wait for the next stable release, I imagine
July 11, 2009 06:40PM
Please read the document that you have in your Documents directory of an updated version of Elive, and give me a feedback if you do it emosmile
September 25, 2009 08:17AM
I am just trying out Elive and this is one of two problems that I have. My thought was that I could just create a Shelf and put a task list gadget in it, as well as IBar. I know that IBar was replaced with itask-ng (after some research), but the problem with itask-ng, is that I can't put it in a shelf with other things.

How would one go about installing IBar gadget and a task list gadget? I tried apt-cache searching but can't seem to find a package for these. I am hoping to remove itask-ng and get back to a more traditional Enlightenment bottom shelf.

In my opinion, ALT-TAB is a poor solution and should not be the only way to switch tasks. I am a user that will often have over 20 windows open at the same time.

Many Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login