anu
add Entrance on both monitor and tv, cause now i just cant login to tv
January 25, 2010 10:34AM
Hallo,

i use my pc in two ways to see movies,

a - for this one i turn on pc and tv

and i use pc as all people to do things,

b - for this one i turn on pc and monitor

Now i can access my desktop on tv only true logging in on my monitor, so for this action i need to turn both, this is uncomfortable to me.

PROBLEM, entrance is tick only on monitor, so then i turn b and go on to my bed i just see blank screen, - i just cant login to my elive as it is done true entrance - that is visible only on one monitor.

Help me solve this one. Yea its small thing but, this is what doesn't work here. AS i remember my windows xp (used about 5y ago) haved no problems on this kind of setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 10:35AM by anu.
Re: add Entrance on both monitor and tv, cause now i just cant login to tv
February 14, 2010 03:01AM
What is your graphics card? There are features like Clone mode or Xinerama or TwinView for certain graphics cards. You might have to add them in your xorg.conf; nvidia has a configuration utility to tweak a dual head layout, if nvidia is the graphics card that you are using. Tip: always use 'dual monitor' and 'linux' in your google searches, I used to find all sorts of tips in other distros' forums. But with that configuration tool from nvidia (or even xrandr HOWTO's) I don't have to search as much anymore; I keep re-using and updating the xorg.conf I have had ever since I installed Elive to my HDD.emosmile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login