Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Scite replacement

Posted by rah 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Scite replacement
August 27, 2007 10:24PM
Scite is buggy now, you said.<br>
Meanwhile think about Geany (http://geany.uvena.de/ )as its replacement.<br> It's very light an full of smart features
Re: Scite replacement
September 07, 2007 03:20PM
Looks very nice, its light, seems good featured, its in multi-languages...

But maybe we have a problem, Scite is like a easy editor (also if is good featured and very powered for programation), actually we use cream, that's maybe not the most beautiful and its not on multi-languages, but still's easy to use

Geany looks a bit more for the programmer (IDE) than for a simple file editor, maybe some users don't know much how to use it ? What users thinks about geany ? (comments here! this is a forum emosmile)

Thanks for your recomendation, for me looks good, and not exactly hard to use, we can see what the users thinks about it
September 10, 2007 08:12PM
i've been using geany for a while and after a few hours is pretty comfortable to use..i would vote for geany
September 11, 2007 04:11AM
I think geany is a good editor emosmile
September 13, 2007 02:03AM
Exactly, I was using scite for programming and for special cut/paste/replace/etc operations.

Now I found geany and think is even better for that purposes. I only miss the autosave feature on_lost_focus.

For an easy editor gedit could be a nice option.

I would like both to be included, Geany as an advanced editor and gedit as a simple one.

Saludos
July 11, 2009 09:41AM
scite fixed! emosmile
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.