Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

xmms to play music?

Posted by babel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
xmms to play music?
October 17, 2007 09:24AM
Personally i prefer using amarok than xmms. So why don't use amarok or if u don't want to make an elive version without any KDE software (I think that's a good idea), why don't u use exaile (a great like-amarok software)
Re: xmms to play music?
October 17, 2007 06:54PM
Because XMMS is just a player, not a music manager. And it is very fast emosmile
October 25, 2007 02:33AM
Yep... and what about listen ? It is fast, smart, and quite powerfull... less than amarok, but better (not a troll) than exaile, wich don't like exotic tags...

Ubuntu is a very old african word, to say :
"I can't understand my Debian..."
December 20, 2007 09:26AM
I go along with you guys, XMMS all the way, smart, nice, small and fast. Amarok and all other incarnations seem to me like some Office like application for music, menus, lists, windows, databases, what the hell! i just want to listen to the music!!
December 20, 2007 09:29AM
Oh, and by the the way, xmms plays Streamtuner like charm.
December 24, 2007 09:13PM
I love XMMS, I think it's shows best what elive stands for Small, Fast and Eyecandy

Love Breeds Suicide
October 11, 2008 03:57PM
I would have to agree with the rest of you. I think that if I wanted to manage my music, I'd go ahead and manage my entire media (music, movies, pictures etc...) by using a media center like elisa or better yet, the "unstable" entertainer-project.
October 24, 2008 01:53PM
Ditto here. I have my favorite shoutcast .pls's saved from the shoutcast site in a folder that open in xmms, way faster then streamtuner and tunapie which also launch xmms and are good to try out new stations, but take time to find what you want. Have you tried trolling through the shoutcast list in amarok. It is huge, too much, looks nice and all.
Xmms+Expensive Hi-Fi=retro goodness
November 30, 2009 07:22AM
Really,xmms is a good player. But, if you like the symplicity your music player is MOC

El software libre es la revoluciĆ³n.

Linux user: #500367