Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new version

Posted by ibmorjamn 
new version
June 13, 2009 09:46PM
I was very happy with elive it booted and ran fine live but when I tried to install it was a no go. I see you just came out with a new version so I will give that a try.

I have been waiting patiently for some time to see a final release and judging by the last disc I tried it is getting very close.
E17 is the future for me!
Re: new version
August 09, 2009 04:35AM
Hi,

I love Elive and the theme and, well everything you are doing just about - it is all beautiful!!
So, I hear you ask, what is my problem?
It is the delay between stable releases!, from my thoughts ELive 1.0 came out in 2007 and there has not been a stable release since then, all we keep getting are unstable releases or development releases but the march of new hardware continues and now my new desktop (already a year old!) is too new for a stable release of ELive!
I love the distribution so it is killing me here not being able to install a stable version of ELive, please oh please can we have a more considerate release timetable?
What about a new version once a year? that gives 12 months for unstable and developnment and hardware updates so is still not that great but I would accept it as a possible so we could wait a while for our new kit, safe in the knowledge a release is due out if you know what I mean?

Please help, please oh please release 2.0 very soon, all lovely and stable and ready to blow our socks off

Desperate user and abuser,
Keith McCluskey
September 21, 2009 07:04AM
The problem of the developer is that is a perfectionist wink, that means that he's trying to made a supa-nice release 2.0 but he want to implement too much nice things for that version and doesn't quite realize that he can implement them after the release of 2.0 so for the next one. Yes, he knows about that and he's trying to cut off the list of required things for 2.0, we can just wait between that and hope a comming soon release

Let's spank the developer emosmile
September 21, 2009 09:09AM
Thanatermesis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Let's spank the developer emosmile

Ok! I am the first.:D

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
September 21, 2009 09:41AM
Me secondidea Thanatermesis you are doing a great job, thankswave
October 04, 2009 10:22PM
Thanks emosmile

Well the new stable is on the way, let's see if we can release it as soon as possible and to have a better organization for the future release versions (a better plan with a list of things to include and not work on other things/features until the next one, etc)

:P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login