Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My true late appreciations to Thanatermesis(aka Samuel F. Baggen)!

Posted by stanca 
My true late appreciations to Thanatermesis(aka Samuel F. Baggen)!
October 05, 2009 12:54PM
I've read ,seen and heard very much of you ,your work,story and passion.I know now you're the only developper of this distribution and it is your only work/job and way of living/life maybe.
But what I really don't know what you're doing usually for it in general and in particular,but I know,see and use that what you're doing,you are doing very damn good,almost perfectly,at least for me.
And I have tried,installed and used ,in the last past 1and 1/2 year,dozens of different linux,bsd,windows and mac os distros,live cd's and dvd's,dual and multiboots,various desktop environments and window managers ;almost anything;but in the end came up this Elive who succeded to hook me forever and remain my favourite and my beloved one.
I don't want to sound/be cocky,eagerly or arogant,not even to please you or your pride/vanity.
I know this distro is far to be perfect and infailible,it's full of bugs and glitches,even freezings,but no one is perfect and especially our personal skills,computers,machines and laptops/noteboobks/netbooks/macbooks are far to be perfect in reality.
With Elive you managed to combine in the most way the beauty,functionality,stability,solidity,eye-candy and catchy,stylish,always up-to-date and forever developping to the perfectionism,cool interface,very user friendly,impressionable even for Hollywood FX and a terminal fanatic geek.
What can be more perfect today than a rock solid Debian Lenny 5 stable base and the beautifull latest E17 window manager with latest ecomorph(compiz-like) more eye-candy,for the compiz lovers migrated from gnome or kde,like me otherwise.
I'm really confident for the future of Elive,E17 and ecomorph in general,even beyond of a final release of Elive 2 Gem or Elive E17 Compiz 2 Final. winkuplove

Procesor Intel Ci3-2100 3.10Ghz,64bit,3MB BOX,
4GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce 210,1GB DDR3,PCI-E,
Linux user:#492560,E17-Ecomorph user.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
[www.youtube.com] [stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com]#

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2009 12:59PM by stanca.
Re: My true late appreciations to Thanatermesis(aka Samuel F. Baggen)!
October 05, 2009 01:02PM
clap clap clap

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
October 06, 2009 04:14AM
I forgot to compare him with 2 other "one man show" in domain I know,even he doesn't know or recognize them:Theemahn from Ultimate Edition(former Ubuntu Ultimate Edition) who worked before for Microsoft and Ubuntu(former Automatix developper,actual Ultamatix) and Luca Di Marini(aka TheDarkMaster);who are having the same future and purpose vision.
I'm sure they are many other such persons in Linux('nix) world but I don't know them yet.

4GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz,
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
October 07, 2009 03:19AM
Well Stanca , Theemahn I do not know, but Luca (Darkmaster) is a fantastic person with a great vision for the future.

Imagine everyone working together (Samuel , Luca , Rithy ,Runt etc....)

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
October 07, 2009 05:46AM
Totally in agreement!wink
Anyway I must confess that was OpenGEU 8.04.1 Amd64 who opened my appetite for the beautifull and wonderfull E17 first time last past year.But immediately after one month just,I tried for the first time Elive 1 Gem,...;and here I am now,yet.wink

4GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 05:52AM by stanca.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login