Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

eLive on the Acer Aspire Revo

Posted by markd0618 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
eLive on the Acer Aspire Revo
January 24, 2010 03:06AM
A few weeks ago I went to the local BestBuy store to look at the Acer Aspire Revo (Intel Atom w/ Nvidia ION chipset). I was thinking about buying one but wanted to make sure it would run eLive. I had a flash drive with me with eLive 1.9.51 installed on it. I asked the sales rep about the computer and he said, "Oh, that's just a cheap, low-powered computer that's only good for browsing the web". When he walked away I plugged my flash drive into it, rebooted and it came right up into eLive. I enabled ecomorph and played around with the settings a little.

A few minutes later the sales rep walks by and sees a half dozen videos running in wobbly, transparent windows, a mac-like dock, etc. He almost fainted... "Wow! What the heck is that?" he asked. My reply? "Oh, just a cheap computer that's not good for anything other than browsing the web...". I removed my flash drive, rebooted the computer into Windows XP, and bought one. I've got it hooked up to my 50" Samsung HD plasma in the living room with a wireless keyboard.

Here's the URL for the wallpaper I'm using:

[interfacelift.com]

Everyone that sees eLive on my computer falls in love with it... Great Job!