Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Dell Latitude D830

Posted by jamesm 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dell Latitude D830
June 27, 2008 10:24PM
Booted up with Elive Gem+ (development) 20080527 version on my Dell Latitude D830 laptop with the Elive image burnt to an Asda-brand DVD-R and everything worked that I've tested.

Nice screen resolution, audio is fine, wireless (54G network) and wired networks are connected to fine. NTFS partition mounted and used in read-only and read+write mode working fine.

To connect to my 54G wireless network I simply need to select the connection mode of "Managed" before clicking Apply.

It would be nice to auto-connect to the nearest wireless network. If this was implemented then the livecd mode would be perfect and not require ANY post-boot configuring. My wireless router is using MAC-filtering so the wireless encryption is disabled.

I use Elive in livecd mode on this laptop because it is a work laptop and I'm not permitted to use it for personal use. This way I can use the laptop's hardware, avoid the OS on the HD (Windows XP Pro) and their Win32 auditing program is useless!

:D

Cheers

James