Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

eeepc1000h

Posted by alinuxxx 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
eeepc1000h
February 21, 2009 04:10PM
Hi, i have just installed elive 1.9.22-compiz on my eeepc.... wonderful !!!...
I two important things to say: first, i'm italian, and the system (and the software i have installed via synaptic) is in english...

SOLVED !! I have installed via USB, using the unelivebootin to prepare the USB key: simply edit /boot/grub/menu.lst in the key and change

"title Special Machine: EeePC

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.8-elive-686 boot=eli quiet vga=785 eeepc

initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26.8-elive-686"

adding "lang=it" after "quiet vga=785"; must be this way:

"title Special Machine: EeePC

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.8-elive-686 boot=eli quiet vga=785 eeepc lang=it

initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26.8-elive-686"

Be sure that "vga=785", not "vga=788"

obviously is the same for each language (french is "lang=fr", german is "lang=de" etc).
THEN install the system

Second thing: when you install, you can configure the graphic system: select colour depth to 16, not to 24: your graphic system will be faster, and you surely don't need 24-bit colour.

I don't know how to make this changes on an installed system: dpkg-reconfigure locales and dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg doesn't work well. Any idea?

Excuse me for my bad english.
Re: eeepc1000h
June 03, 2009 10:36PM
Hi there, i have an eeepc 1000ha and everything seems to work just fine. I installed dev 1.9.26 and even the webcam (attached to the frame of the screen) worked fine, but when i updated my system (i don't know when or how), the webcam stoped working. Now i tryed dev 1.9.26 and 1.9.28 and webcam still doesn't work, so i assume there's something new that is bugging the function of the cam. what should i do? is there a way to configure it?