Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small script to launch ndiswrapper / wifi-wiz

Posted by smirnoff 
Small script to launch ndiswrapper / wifi-wiz
January 28, 2008 02:23PM
Hey guys wonder if you can help me.

I am new to Elive / Linux and now have my system fully up and running and have now ditched windows in favor of Elive.

I have my wireless connection up and running through ndsiwrapper the only thing is each time I log onto the laptop I have to enter in the command modprobe ndiswrapper.

I understand I can add the ndiswrapper in to the module file, however I want to create a script that runs the command modprobe ndiswrapper as SU and then launches a file called wifi-wiz from the location sbin again as the su, only thing is I have absolutely no idea how to go about creating the script and not sure what extension the file should be.

What I plan on doing is storing the file in my home dir and then placing a shortcut in the ibar.

can anyone help / give me any pointers??

Thanks in advance!! :D
rab
Re: Small script to launch ndiswrapper / wifi-wiz
February 12, 2008 12:49PM
A script is just plain text and can be written in a text editor of your choice.

You can use the command "gksu myscript" to get elive to ask for your root password before execution.

I use the extension .sh for scripts, but I don't think that this is neccessary. You just have to make the file executable "chmod +x myscript".
March 12, 2015 12:32AM
I have installed Elive with no problems, but when I enter the control panel to change the settings(I am in the UK and the keyboard is set to US), it asks me for my password and after entering the password it goes back to the control panel, so I cannot change any settings.

DaRe DaViL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 12:33AM by Usman123.
August 11, 2015 07:28PM
I have the same problem

honor 7 plus folie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 11:08PM by SChnnas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login