Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adobe Reader for Elive? [solved]

Posted by arts216 
Adobe Reader for Elive? [solved]
February 16, 2009 03:51AM
Does anyone know if Adobe Reader for linux will run on Elive, if so how do I install it?

I've dabbled a little with a few Linux Distro's but I've just installed Elive & I think it's nice but I am a bit baffled on how to install applications apart from it's inbuilt installer.I don't have alot of knowledge of installing applications on other distro's either, though I have found some to be easier than others.


Any help is welcome!! :D



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 04:23AM by arts216.
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 16, 2009 04:49AM
Hi arts216 , yes , run perfect en Elive.
Well , i install it this way:

Open Synaptic>tab configuration>repository>new , ad URL:
Quote

http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main
Ad line Distribution:lenny |
Ad line Secction:main |
Update and install acroread and acroread-Mozilla.

Return to remove the repository and it is added, acroread installed.

Important , just install Acroread not install updates they might.

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 16, 2009 05:41AM
If you don't want to add a repository, you can go to the Adobe-Homepage and get the latest deb-package in the download-section.
Open a terminal, navigate to the download-directory and install it as root:
dpkg -i AdobeReader_enu-8.1.3-1.i386.deb
After that, you can start the application with
acroread
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 16, 2009 11:22PM
> **verdegal37 Wrote:**
>
> Hi arts216 , yes , run perfect en Elive.
> Well , i install it this way:
>
> Open Synaptic>tab configuration>repository>new ,
> ad URL:
> [www.debian-multimedia.org] lenny main
> Ad line Distribution:lenny |
> Ad line Secction:main |
> Update and install acroread and acroread-Mozilla.
>
> Return to remove the repository and it is added,
> acroread installed.
>
> Important , just install Acroread not install
> updates they might.
>
> Greetings:
> Agust

Thanx so much, it worked!

Is this pretty much how I can install any other packages too? Do I still us the Lenny Main command or something else?

Thank you
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 17, 2009 02:51AM
Hi arts216 , depends on the version that uses,if using a development version is better not to install packages that are not in the official repositories.

Normally if you use a stable version that tells the system Roko79 is much better.

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 17, 2009 02:56AM
> **verdegal37 Wrote:**
>
> Hi arts216 , depends on the version that uses,if
> using a development version is better not to
> install packages that are not in the official
> repositories.
>
> Normally if you use a stable version that tells
> the system Roko79 is much better.
>
> Greetings:
> Agust

Yes, I am using the stable version.

I'm having some trouble trying to download & install Audacity via the synaptic, it doesn't seem to show up in the start menu anywhere even though in the synaptic it says it's installed.

Any ideas?
Re: Adobe Reader for Elive?
February 17, 2009 03:22AM
Hi arts216 , Audacity o Audacious?
Main menu option execute type audacity.
Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login