Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Flash on Mplayer

Posted by ndegekubwa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Flash on Mplayer
July 27, 2009 10:42AM
Hi,
I tried to play a flash video that I downloaded on mplayer, but in elive mplayer won't play flash videos. I also use another linux distro, and mplayer will play flash videos in that distribution. What do I need to add to elive to enable mplayer to play this type of video in elive? I am using Elivecd development version 1.9.37.

By the way, the method that I use to obtain the videos is to start playing the video that I desire in my browser. Then I go to /tmp and look for the flash video file. When it is completely downloaded but before it is finished playing I copy the /tmp/flashwhatever file to somewhere else and it stays permanently on the computer then in the new location, but not in /tmp.
Re: Flash on Mplayer
July 27, 2009 10:05PM
Hi!
I tried to reply but the system told me:
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.

So I sent you an email.

Have fun.
July 29, 2009 09:12PM
Hi,
thanks for the email but I never received it. If you would be so kind, would you kindly resend the email? I am looking forward to reading the information.

Thanks
July 30, 2009 05:23PM
It seems the mailadress you've left in your Userprofile is not correct.
July 31, 2009 01:35AM
Hi,
I've double checked the email address, it is my email address and it is a valid address. I am not sure why it isn't going through. Maybe you can just put some *** in place of some of the letters in the offending word and do the post here on the forum. That way I hopefully will be able to figure out what you are saying and the computer won't ding you for using the offending word.

Thanks
July 31, 2009 03:06PM
I've tried sending again. Did it arrive now?
August 04, 2009 08:29AM
Hi,
yes, I received the email. I have been too busy to give it a try, but I think that it will and I will post back to let you know.

Thanks
August 05, 2009 06:54PM
Welcome! wave

Take your time.
August 13, 2009 07:46AM
Hi,
I tried out what you told me to do, but I am sorry to report that it didn't work. Would you possibly have some other ideas?

Thanks
August 17, 2009 06:47PM
That is weird.
Because on my machines it works perfectly.
How about joining #elive IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and asking for help?
There are lots of people having better knowledge than I do.

See you at the Chat!
wave

alex