Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash on Mplayer

Posted by ndegekubwa 
Flash on Mplayer
July 27, 2009 06:42PM
Hi,
I tried to play a flash video that I downloaded on mplayer, but in elive mplayer won't play flash videos. I also use another linux distro, and mplayer will play flash videos in that distribution. What do I need to add to elive to enable mplayer to play this type of video in elive? I am using Elivecd development version 1.9.37.

By the way, the method that I use to obtain the videos is to start playing the video that I desire in my browser. Then I go to /tmp and look for the flash video file. When it is completely downloaded but before it is finished playing I copy the /tmp/flashwhatever file to somewhere else and it stays permanently on the computer then in the new location, but not in /tmp.
Re: Flash on Mplayer
July 28, 2009 06:05AM
Hi!
I tried to reply but the system told me:
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.

So I sent you an email.

Have fun.
July 30, 2009 05:12AM
Hi,
thanks for the email but I never received it. If you would be so kind, would you kindly resend the email? I am looking forward to reading the information.

Thanks
July 31, 2009 01:23AM
It seems the mailadress you've left in your Userprofile is not correct.
July 31, 2009 09:35AM
Hi,
I've double checked the email address, it is my email address and it is a valid address. I am not sure why it isn't going through. Maybe you can just put some *** in place of some of the letters in the offending word and do the post here on the forum. That way I hopefully will be able to figure out what you are saying and the computer won't ding you for using the offending word.

Thanks
July 31, 2009 11:06PM
I've tried sending again. Did it arrive now?
August 04, 2009 04:29PM
Hi,
yes, I received the email. I have been too busy to give it a try, but I think that it will and I will post back to let you know.

Thanks
August 06, 2009 02:54AM
Welcome! wave

Take your time.
August 13, 2009 03:46PM
Hi,
I tried out what you told me to do, but I am sorry to report that it didn't work. Would you possibly have some other ideas?

Thanks
August 18, 2009 02:47AM
That is weird.
Because on my machines it works perfectly.
How about joining #elive IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and asking for help?
There are lots of people having better knowledge than I do.

See you at the Chat!
wave

alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login