Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Word Bible software works in Elive

Posted by Goer 
The Word Bible software works in Elive
October 25, 2009 03:24PM
Hi all. Just to let you all know that I have just successfully installed under WINE "The Word" free Bible software. It is considered even better than eSword, and I consider better than Gnomesword. I have dual boot Windows and Elive (1.9.31)
I think this Bible software is worthy to be included in the Synaptics package manager, if someone knows how to do this.
To install I went to the downloaded file and clicked on the Word setup file, and just followed the prompts. Too easy.

--- "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" - Proverbs 12:15 ---
-
Procesor: Pentium-D, dual-core, 3000Khz each
2GB RAM DDR 400mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500,256MB,AGP 8X,
Winmodem and ext DSL modem, VOiP Linksys SP3102
Ext 1Tb usb HDD
Elive 1.9.31
-
Re: The Word Bible software works in Elive
November 08, 2009 05:23AM
Thanks for this info, I really like this software. Bibletime for KDE4 is pretty good, too, but this was a program I didn't know about.
May 27, 2010 09:21AM
I've been a dedicated eSword user for years now, but this looks really good. When I've got time, I intend to install it and give it a chance. Thanks for the heads up on it. clap
June 02, 2010 09:06AM
Well, it all works well. There are a couple of commentaries I like that I haven't found yet, but there's an overall good look, Search is straightforward, parallel versions work well. It looks like a good tool, and I'm sure I'll get good use out of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login