Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

The Word Bible software works in Elive

Posted by Goer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Word Bible software works in Elive
October 25, 2009 07:24AM
Hi all. Just to let you all know that I have just successfully installed under WINE "The Word" free Bible software. It is considered even better than eSword, and I consider better than Gnomesword. I have dual boot Windows and Elive (1.9.31)
I think this Bible software is worthy to be included in the Synaptics package manager, if someone knows how to do this.
To install I went to the downloaded file and clicked on the Word setup file, and just followed the prompts. Too easy.

--- "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" - Proverbs 12:15 ---
-
Procesor: Pentium-D, dual-core, 3000Khz each
2GB RAM DDR 400mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500,256MB,AGP 8X,
Winmodem and ext DSL modem, VOiP Linksys SP3102
Ext 1Tb usb HDD
Elive 1.9.31
-
Re: The Word Bible software works in Elive
November 07, 2009 09:23PM
Thanks for this info, I really like this software. Bibletime for KDE4 is pretty good, too, but this was a program I didn't know about.
May 27, 2010 01:21AM
I've been a dedicated eSword user for years now, but this looks really good. When I've got time, I intend to install it and give it a chance. Thanks for the heads up on it. clap
June 02, 2010 01:06AM
Well, it all works well. There are a couple of commentaries I like that I haven't found yet, but there's an overall good look, Search is straightforward, parallel versions work well. It looks like a good tool, and I'm sure I'll get good use out of it.