Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Thunar, SVN, Subversion

Posted by nene 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thunar, SVN, Subversion
April 08, 2010 06:26AM
Previously using an application such as Tortoise on a Windows based machine, I had come to miss it's simplicity once I moved to a full Linux based OS such as eLive. So I embarked on a search for such a like tool for the default Thunar file manager and came upon one that seems to work beautifully. Before the tool was installed, I mostly did SVN checkins using svn-workbench (available app via the Synaptic installer) and Eclipse Gallileo version.

I found an application named 'thunar-svn-plugin' that was available for download.
Thunar-svn-plugin Site
Thunar plugins
I installed version 0.0.3. The installation instructions below work for this version.

Installation procedures:
1. Download the zip file from the site mentioned above
2. Extract it
3. Start Synaptic and install following libraries:
libexo-0.3-dev
libhal-dev
libhal-storage-dev
libthunar-vfs-1-dev
libxfce4util-dev
libxfcegui4-dev
libxpm-dev
libapr1-dev
uuid-dev
comerr-dev
libaprutil1-dev
libdb4.6-dev
libkadm55
libkrb5-dev
libldap2-dev
libmysqlclient15-dev
libpcre3-dev
libpq-dev
libsqlite3-dev
libssl-dev
libsvn-dev
libsvncpp-dev
libsvncpp1
libsasl2-dev
libneon27-gnutls-dev
libserf-0-0-dev
4. Navigate to your extracted directory (e.g. /home/username/Downloads/thunar-svn-plugin-0.0.3)
5. Run command: ./configure
6. Run command: sudo make
7. Run command: sudo make install

Keep an eye on the "./configure" and "make" commands. If it complains about a missing package, just look for the 'dev' version of that package and install it. Usually it fixes the issue, and the install can finish.

Enjoy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 08:45AM by nene.