Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Elive taskbar

Posted by madmax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Elive taskbar
September 09, 2010 01:13PM
Hi.
I tried elive in livecd mode. Everything is working fine, and I like this distro.
But I found that it lacks some usual features.
Did I miss it or elive doesn`t have any shelf taskbar (itask)?
Is there way to install itask or other shelf module?

Other thing is copy from elive terminal. I can`t copy text from it.
Should I install other terminal?
Re: Elive taskbar
September 10, 2010 05:47AM
Click on Settings>Modules, there is itask-ng. You can just pick a shelf to put it in.

Also the mouse is used to copy, left to highlight, then middle mouse button to paste, y'know, the *nix way of copying. The Windows wannabes use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V; you can probably install GNOME terminal or KDE konsole and all their excess baggage if you miss that mouse-and-2-finger combo, but don't throw away the terminal yet.
September 14, 2010 02:24AM

You can just pick a shelf to put it in.

I don`t understand. What I should put inside a shelf?

Thanks for the tip with middle mouse copying, she_died.
I didn`t know this.
September 14, 2010 08:23AM
Here is what I meant...

When you left click to get the menu, pick Settings>Modules. In that dialog, if itask-ng is on the right side, it's ready to be used--otherwise select from the left side and click Load Module. After it's loaded, exit that dialog and left-click menu again to pick Desktop>Shelves. Once you select a shelf, you go to Set Contents , and you can add itask-ng to it. Don't get fancy with autohiding the shelf or anything yet; you can play with those settings later. So when you close and get back to the desktop, the shelf should have the itask-ng, but don't ask me any further than this about taskbars; I'm allergic to them emosmile

The downside to knowing about mouse-copy-&-paste is, when you somehow wind up on a Windows PC for some reason, you will think their mouse is broken since it won't copy for sh*t.