Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elive taskbar

Posted by madmax 
Elive taskbar
September 09, 2010 09:13PM
Hi.
I tried elive in livecd mode. Everything is working fine, and I like this distro.
But I found that it lacks some usual features.
Did I miss it or elive doesn`t have any shelf taskbar (itask)?
Is there way to install itask or other shelf module?

Other thing is copy from elive terminal. I can`t copy text from it.
Should I install other terminal?
Re: Elive taskbar
September 10, 2010 01:47PM
Click on Settings>Modules, there is itask-ng. You can just pick a shelf to put it in.

Also the mouse is used to copy, left to highlight, then middle mouse button to paste, y'know, the *nix way of copying. The Windows wannabes use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V; you can probably install GNOME terminal or KDE konsole and all their excess baggage if you miss that mouse-and-2-finger combo, but don't throw away the terminal yet.
September 14, 2010 10:24AM

You can just pick a shelf to put it in.

I don`t understand. What I should put inside a shelf?

Thanks for the tip with middle mouse copying, she_died.
I didn`t know this.
September 14, 2010 04:23PM
Here is what I meant...

When you left click to get the menu, pick Settings>Modules. In that dialog, if itask-ng is on the right side, it's ready to be used--otherwise select from the left side and click Load Module. After it's loaded, exit that dialog and left-click menu again to pick Desktop>Shelves. Once you select a shelf, you go to Set Contents , and you can add itask-ng to it. Don't get fancy with autohiding the shelf or anything yet; you can play with those settings later. So when you close and get back to the desktop, the shelf should have the itask-ng, but don't ask me any further than this about taskbars; I'm allergic to them emosmile

The downside to knowing about mouse-copy-&-paste is, when you somehow wind up on a Windows PC for some reason, you will think their mouse is broken since it won't copy for sh*t.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login