Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Netflix on Elive

Posted by eduardoandrevian 
Netflix on Elive
March 20, 2015 05:45PM
Hello!!!

I'm testing Elive Beta and I think it's an amazing distro, but I'm having issues while trying to watch videos on Netflix, even with the latest version of Google Chrome installed on the system.

When Netflix became native on linux, various distros had to upgrade some libraries, in order to make the system compatible with Netflix protected content (DRM), so I think Elive is still with the old versions of these libraries. Am I wright? If so, how can I upgrade the system to make Elive capable of playing Netflix streaming content?

Thanks for your attention.

Eduardo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 07:19PM by eduardoandrevian.
Re: Netflix on Elive
May 03, 2015 10:54AM
Unfortunately it's the same for me eyepoping
I wanted to use an old version of Elive on P8 PackardBell but can not install the new version of Google Chrome

I wanted to use it only for that viewing NetFlix
May 04, 2015 07:26AM
I had no issues while installing the latest version of Google Chrome in the latest Beta version of Elive. The problem is that, even thought Google Chrome is running ok, the old libraries mentioned above is still preventing netflix content to be played on the system. Why so?????

Please guys, make it possible for Elive users to get in touch with the latest technologies available for Linux users.

Thanks!
January 09, 2017 09:31PM
Great and wonderful post also
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login