Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring Compiz

Posted by shanrei 
Configuring Compiz
March 25, 2009 07:31PM
The article described here : [blogs.techrepublic.com.com] prompted me to download and try Elive Compiz and man, it really blew me off! I haven't experienced the bugs described yet coz this distro is running smoothly on my machine even on a LiveCD...in fact, I am writing this using Elive Compiz in LiveCD mode. What I still can't figure out is how to change the way my window transitions behave. I can't seem to figure out how to configure Compiz. I am not a linux hardcore user so this seems a challenge to me. I searched google and tried the solutions for other linux distros but they don't seem to work here. Can anyone give me ideas?
Re: Configuring Compiz
March 26, 2009 05:23AM
Hey shanrei, just open a terminal and type ecsm, that will open the compiz settings manager.Have fun. :P
June 16, 2009 02:54PM
I have tried entering ecsm into a console, and i get command not found, was it not included in the new E-Live Compiz? (latest version as of 6-16-09)
If it was not included, how can I get it, I have tried looking in Synaptic for "ecomorph" "ecsm" and "E17 Ecomorph module" and all came back with nothing, am I missing something here, or am I just stupid?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 02:56PM by MNcLovin.
June 17, 2009 09:10AM
MNcLovin,

Try the XChat IRC channel on your desktop to see if you can get some help. wink
June 21, 2009 10:14AM
> **MNcLovin Wrote:**
>
> I have tried entering ecsm into a console, and i
> get command not found, was it not included in the
> new E-Live Compiz? (latest version as of 6-16-09)
> If it was not included, how can I get it, I have
> tried looking in Synaptic for "ecomorph" "ecsm"
> and "E17 Ecomorph module" and all came back with
> nothing, am I missing something here, or am I just
> stupid?
You should have it in the menu>settings>ecomorph. hmmmm

Procesor Intel Ci3-2100 3.10Ghz,64bit,3MB BOX,
4GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce 210,1GB DDR3,PCI-E,
Linux user:#492560,E17-Ecomorph user.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
[www.youtube.com] [stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com]#
June 22, 2009 06:07AM
stanca

Yes it is in the menu>settings>ecomorph,but it does nothing to config. compiz,there seems to be something wrong with ecomorph with the latest versions that's why i said try the XChat IRC channel on your desktop for more help. hmmmm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login