Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Install question

Posted by faktorqm 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Install question
May 26, 2008 12:19PM
Hello, when i try to install elive gem to the hard disk, the installer prompt me for formatting an partition, as /home. I have another /home in this partition, (i have u-b-u-n-t-u in the same machine) and no is my wish format, only wish to have an /home/faktorqm and /home/elivetest user's in the same partition. How to i can do it? :(

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Argentina.
Very thanks for all. Salu2! :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 08:07PM by faktorqm.
Re: Install question
June 08, 2008 05:19PM
Don't know if I follow you, but I think you just need to select a different partition for the install. If you go back through the installer again I know it gives you the option to do that. I have a dual boot so I know you can do it. Just re-read the instructions as you go back through it.
July 13, 2008 06:38AM
Ohh yes! Finally i install.
Why when i put "u-b-u-n-t-u" automatically the threads show "hakuna matata"? do you really think you are better? ... wow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2008 06:46AM by faktorqm.
July 18, 2008 02:15PM
Do not split /home and root partiotions:
Install Elive, login as root, copy /home/elivetest to your old /home optionally, go to "init 1", remove /home dir and symlink /home dir to your old /home. That is all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2008 02:16PM by The_Ice.
October 07, 2008 12:26AM
**The_Ice Wrote:**

Thanks Ice. having already trashed my old home directory, yours is good advice.

Now, to try and get this to install .....