Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

no install on my old Gateway

Posted by 88SUPAKILLA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
no install on my old Gateway
March 12, 2009 05:06AM
hey. I have an old Gateway laptop that's literally 1.5 inches thick and 2.5 when closed.
I run the installer the first time and the computer froze after I partitioned it and it STARTED installing to hard drive. This is my 4th time, 2 days later.
yesterday, the 3rd time, I started up the installer- didn't check cd since I already knew that it was fine- and skipped to the installing to hard disk thing. Now after the "I have tried to reinstall Grub to the MBR, you can reboot now to see if it works:" and then I enter in my HDD (/dev/hda1) for the SWAP device and go on to install it to the Hard Drive. After the installer is about 9 tenths of the way done, the computer freezes and I have to manually hold down the power button to shut it off.
Now I'm trying again. please email al12gamer@live.com because I really need some help ASAP. I really want this old P.O.S. laptop to have a worthwhile operating system.