Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

iso won't burn

Posted by ejames82 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
iso won't burn
May 08, 2010 12:42PM
i downloaded the 2.0 iso with a bunch of other distros for the sake of sampling.

i verified the md5 on all distros. elive wouldn't burn on k3b. some kind of error about the program not liking the medium.
i tried using imgburn on windows but received an error there as well. there was a difference between the size of the image and the size of the disk.
all of the other distros burnt fine and i went on to use the disk (that elive wouldn't install on) to install another distro that was totally functional.

i've heard good things about elive. i was hoping it would work out.
i tried to post this yesterday and for some reason, was unable to. it submitted properly, just never posted.
just thought you folks would want to know about this.
Re: iso won't burn
May 08, 2010 12:57PM
Just verified the ISO files in the main server and they match their md5 correctly, the problem should be in your side (or this happens with a specific mirror?), sounds like you have badblocks in your hard disk or your RAM, I recommend you to simply do all the process again from a different computer or to check your computer's health (Elive reparation/nurse mode includes a suite for hardware health check)
Re: iso won't burn
May 18, 2010 07:56AM
yeah, it could be at my end. i have several computers. when i make a switch and use a different one for sampling my distros, i will give elive another shot.
thanks for the reply.