Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Squashfs filesystem failed to mount

Posted by ninjabeirut 
Squashfs filesystem failed to mount
October 28, 2010 02:48AM
Hi there!

i got a problem, when i boot the livecd Elive stable edition i get an error message "failed to mount squashfs filesystem"

And then (initframes)

I dont have a clue of what to do... Please help!
Re: Squashfs filesystem failed to mount
October 29, 2010 12:00AM
Did you run a chksum on the ISO that you downloaded? iirc its like md5sum name-of.iso and see if it matches the checksum listed on the webpage you got the ISO from. (It's a way of checking the integrity of the download, that it wasn't corrupted in any way, in case you didn't know.)

Incidentally if it's possible to have a second PC up, point an IRC client to irc.freenode.net and pick channel #elive. So thatyou won't have to wait days for a response with problems of this sort.
Re: Squashfs filesystem failed to mount Elive 2.0 (initframes)
August 14, 2012 08:31AM
watch friends I have tried to install on my old pc I get this message: [i32.tinypic.com] (failed to mount squashfs filesystem en ELIVE 2.0. /bin/sh: can't accessty; job control turned off) enbargo but I downloaded twice thinking that. iso is the error but I still have the same problem.
but I tried to install virtualbox and I have no problem vmwarestatons to run is running without serivce.
what is wrong and how I can fix the problem.
Note 1: have and are losing millions of users for these errors and the conditions of use.
Note 2: how to find and install the module to take my pc opertativo a stable and normal systems.
like any other free software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login