Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No grub booting with USB stick

Posted by ibux 
No grub booting with USB stick
December 16, 2010 07:05PM
Hello,

I downloaded the stable version iso of elive to test it, "burning" it on my USB stick. I used UNetbootin to put in on my USB stick and then followed the instructions given in the Howtos to configure grub. I t finally seemed working and I tried booting with USB, yet, the BIOS sees my USB device but won't boot on it even if I force it on the BIOS boot order sequence, instead it runs my usual grub menu. I tried the USB on my other machine and it worked perfectly. I wonder if my USB controller can't boot with the stick or if the issue comes from something else.
I tried burning a CD, but my CD recorder seems dead, I face some writing errors during burning. (It's quite old and I have some other problems with it sometimes).

I think I would have to give some infos about my USB controller but I don't know exactly which ones.
Thanks for your help.
Re: No grub booting with USB stick
April 03, 2015 03:53AM
Hello,

I downloaded the stable version iso of elive to test it, "burning" it on my USB stick. I used UNetbootin to put in on my USB stick and then followed the instructions given in the Howtos to configure grub. I t finally seemed working and I tried booting with USB, yet, the BIOS sees my USB device but won't boot on it even if I force it on the BIOS boot order sequence, instead it runs my usual grub menu. I tried the USB on my other machine and it worked perfectly. I wonder if my USB controller can't boot with the stick or if the issue comes from something else

raza
Re: No grub booting with USB stick
March 17, 2017 04:27AM
I downloaded the stable version iso of elive to test it, "burning" it on my USB stick. I used UNetbootin to put in on my USB stick and then followed the instructions given in the Howtos to configure grub.

assistant writer at dissertation writing services
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login