Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

2.1.23 Initial Remarks

Posted by down8ve 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2.1.23 Initial Remarks
January 13, 2013 08:47PM
2.1.23 Alpha is looking great. I had some sound-related issues that were cleared up by the audio configurator, the only remaining one was getting my USB videocam's microphone to function during the test call on Skype. If I would have spent more time I think I could have resolved it.

Kdenlive was installed via Synaptic as I ran Elive from a USB key (just to see) and worked with my connected video camera. KDE apps look like crap at the moment, but I was thrilled to see updated applications throughout the system.

I really wanted to like Bodhi on my AMD APU system, but I think I like this better, even at alpha:

*only three repos instead of a dozen or more on Bodhi, just to get the software I want.
*Related to the above, the system is useful out-of-the-box, rather than all the work required to get Bodhi up to speed.
*I can select text size from the initial help screens, nice!
*Very fast and pretty. A lot of the little touches make this a very credible alternative to Windows and Mac.

Thanks to you devels for the hard work. Wow.