Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elive Accounts: User data ?

Posted by Thanatermesis 
Elive Accounts: User data ?
October 04, 2011 01:25AM
I think that will be easy that users could register in the future Elive website, I have not checked it yet but I suppose that is possible (by a wordpress plugin) to request some user info on this step, some useful info of the user, that we can use in the future for anything, I don't know exactly which things, this thread is for discuss that emosmile, in order to have them ready before to publish publically the website.
Re: Elive Accounts: User data ?
October 04, 2011 01:28AM
Some small ideas:

* years using elive
* user level experience (terminal, dpkg, etc)
* target use of elive (enterprise, school, house, audio composer, video composer, 3d modelling, designer, writer, gamer, normal usage)

more ?
October 04, 2011 08:40AM
One thing I miss in this forum, is to know who is online and how many are in guest mode user.

Greetings:
Agust

Linux user # 461797
Elive user since 2006
anu
October 30, 2011 02:32PM
categorizing users - interesting idea

talking about forum, i miss, something like sorting or something by years lets say periods between elive versions

had something on my mind about forum more but forgot ..nah later its late time
November 14, 2011 01:16PM
Some others...?

* years using elive
* user level experience (terminal, dpkg, etc)
* target use of elive (enterprise, school, house, audio composer, video composer, 3d modelling, designer, writer, gamer, normal usage)
* user skills type(webadmin, graphics, programming, managing)
* computer specifications (registred be with that kind of installer tool maybe?)
* other website or blog address ?
* social networks profiles ?

MerMouY

Some of my websites:
Communautary website idea: [teams.elivecd.org]
Personnal website: [perso.youm.org]
Rwanda, french community: [rwandaises.fr]
YouM's streeshow: [youm.org]
November 17, 2011 06:03AM
btw Mermouy, thanks for the offer about the elive-addicts website, unfortunately this kind of websites requires a lot more of activity of users, also, I installed a WP-buddypress for a community of users and I still looking to it as a some kind of "useless website".

Actually the websites requeriments are focused in the main elive website, that maybe will include new features differents as the old elive website (like comments). Actually im looking for people that knows the wordpress API in order to import the plugins of the old website to the wordpress compatibility.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login