Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

how to retrieve photos from memory card

Posted by christy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
how to retrieve photos from memory card
October 22, 2007 06:22AM
i am running on a toshiba equim m40x-189 but when i insert a memory card nothing happens.is there a specific program to extract my photo's?
Re: how to retrieve photos from memory card
October 23, 2007 01:54PM
Depending on your memory card, you might have to mount it.

Plug the USB adapter (or whatever) in, and open a terminal:

su root

Then type "fdisk -l" to list all storage devices

There should be HDA, which is your hard drive, and SDA, or something similar, which could be another drive

Then try to mount it:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
October 27, 2007 07:59PM
hi hxcobd.i have opted to use a usb lead from the camera,as removing the sd card can cause problems with the camere.ie.that the pins in the sd card slot can get damaged and affects the charge so that the camera shuts down only after a few seconds of being turned on.but thank you for your reply.
October 30, 2007 07:28AM
Hi christy, do exactly that, connect your camera using usb lead from camera an do exactly what hxcobd has posted, it works for me with sony camera. Elive recognizes it as a new sda disk and creates a folder for it in /media and launches thunar with that folder opened. Or try posting here output from lsusb command with the camera connected to the pc. And, maybe you should have batteries in your camera and you should switch it on. wink