Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

How can i install newest E17 ??

Posted by mannih 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How can i install newest E17 ??
August 07, 2007 12:34AM
Hi.

I wanted to try out E17 in the newest version and added the 'tests' repository to synaptic.
I have tried to update all packages to the newest version and it seemed to work. But then after reboot no loginscreen appeared. I was thrown back to the commandline ( yes, with a very nice background ). When I started entrance from the manually it just stopped running, saying nothing. there wasn't even a syslogentry. Nothing.
When I start X using 'startx' the E16 desktop appears, but there are black aereas on the screnn ( just where ibar normally is placed ).
Does anyone out there know how to install these new Versions ?

Thanks in advance.
Manni
engage is black after update
August 07, 2007 10:30PM
Hello,

after an update from the elive test repsitory
the backround of engage appears black. I can see no Icons how can I fix this?

any Ideas?

Thx for help.

Steffen
Re: How can i install newest E17 ??
August 07, 2007 10:46PM
Hello

same problem, engage appears black
Anonymous User
Re: engage is black after update
August 12, 2007 01:15AM
Dont know if this works, but try entangle as the user logged in. click on the engage tab and try adding or removing icons. then save.
Hope it helps! emosmile
Re: engage is black after update
August 22, 2007 07:27PM
tests repository is VERY experimental, don't expect that anything works since new e17 is included by default on Elive wink (also a lot of things don't works, new e17 needs to be "good integrated" to Elive)
August 25, 2007 12:06AM
try this (as root)

cd /usr/share/entrance/themes;
rm -f default.edj;
ln -s e17-default.edj default.edj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2007 12:07AM by troglodyte.
a solution
August 27, 2007 10:27PM
Hi,

I've had this problem, too. What you can do is this. From the command line, use startx, and get into e16. Then, run elpanel (you can do it from a shell or from ibar -- even though the ibar area shows a black rectangle the names of the applications will show if you mouse over them).

In elpanel, choose the "Keys" icon, then the icon that looks like wooden doors. Choose the default entrance theme, reboot, and you should be able to get back into entrance and e17.

Hope this helps.
August 31, 2007 02:50AM
@rebbi
Thanks,that helped.

Best regards
Manni
September 02, 2007 12:03AM
> **mannih Wrote:**
>
> @rebbi