Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

How can I get my bluetooth adapter device to work?

Posted by atari130xe 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How can I get my bluetooth adapter device to work?
December 16, 2007 06:33AM
Hello forum, this is my first post here. I got an usb bluetooth adapter to handle data on my cel phone. I see "bluetooth" on the menu, but I don´t know how to make it to work, any ideas? suggestions? thanks in advance. (Im fascinated with Elive 1.0 Gem). Greetings from Bariloche, Patagonia, Argentina emosmile
Jose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2007 10:08AM by atari130xe.
Re: How can I get my bluetooth adapter device to work?
December 29, 2007 11:31AM
I am interested in this topic too.
I have used Synaptic to install bluez-utils and followed Debian related instructions for enabling bluetooth with some success. I have been able to see my phone, but the passcode doesn't work.
I am most interested in HiFi stereo audio for my wireless headphones.

Thanks for eLive!
January 27, 2008 07:44PM
Hi,

I found that if you go through the package manager most things that you are looking for are there. I found the "bluetooth elive" package there under utilities. Installed it along with the bmon package I found in networking and now my internal BT works great. emosmile

I used the live CD to install to a USB key and the system I optimized it for is outlined here hxxp://www.tux.org/~peterw/v2000/
with just a difference in the processor, I have the AMD Turion64 ;-)
January 30, 2008 12:17AM
> **CHAOtipper Wrote:**
> I have used Synaptic to install bluez-utils...
> bluetooth with some success. I have been able to
> see my phone, but the passcode doesn't work.

hi, yes my ericson asked for some passcode - what passcode is that ?

add. ok i overloked, passkode ok.. but how to make wisible that ? i mean i instaled kdemobiletools - but how to select device ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2008 11:06PM by anu.
February 06, 2008 06:35AM
Well I have installed "bluetooh elive" with no success hmmmm but the code (for instance) is: 1234 (a code allows you to communicate your pc with your phone)
September 11, 2008 08:12PM
well there is three different points, and by default elive have only something like device controlling over blue-tooth, as there is no problem to control mouse with my mobile,
but then it comes to calling or reading sending sms u need root privileges, and some special programs (those you can find in synapt or Internet.. like gnokki kmobile or smthing), and last most
important thing to me is file transfers (mobile<->pc over bluetoth)... those i cant get working, u need obexftp and obexpush. Mobile recognized im seting up to use bluetooth and it endlessly loops.. (mobile detects some bt activity)

obexftp  -b 00:12:EE:7F:0C:1C 7 -l
Browsing 00:12:EE:7F:0C:1C ...  
Channel: 7                      
Try `obexftp --help' for more information.
Connecting...failed: connect    
Still trying to connect         
Still trying to connect         
heh..