Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Problems with sounds

Posted by alacecho 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Problems with sounds
August 11, 2007 03:21AM
Hi all!

I'm using Elive installed from a time ago. When I tested the Gem version with the live-cd, sometimes, when started elive, i had problems with sounds, listening a lot of noise when any sound (system, music, video...) was played.

When I did delete old version of elive, and installed gem version in hard drive, i had no problem at beginning, but now, after second or third restarted, the noise is here again.

I never had this problem with another versions of elive or linux. I'm using a very simple C-Media target sound.
Any idea?

Thanks!
Alex.
Re: Problems with sounds
August 11, 2007 06:36AM
Hello Alex,
Maybe you could open alsa mixer and play a little with it, sometimes the capture device is complete open while it isn't necessary at the same time with an open mic ( at rec) for example.

If this is still ok than you could use the audio configurator in Elpanel and set it up again and see if that helps, but I think something changed in alsamixer as you said it worked fine before.
Re: Problems with sounds
August 22, 2007 07:46PM
It is a macbook ?

Please show me the result of lsmod | grep snd_