Nvidia needs a HowTo
January 22, 2008 05:50AM
Hi guys,
I believe that some issues as important as Nvidia do need a howto. It would be nice if the main developer of Elive considered this seriously. Things like,
1) sound
2) graphics
3) network
4) wireless

do need threads of their own.
I would like to update my NVIDIA drivers but there is nowhere I could find information on how to do that. It might be impossible since there are no packages there to download. I tried the latest .sh file from Nvidia from runlevel 3 and when I reboot X doesn't load at all, I see a black screen. I mean it is Linux not Windows. We should know how to fix things.
Re: Nvidia needs a HowTo
June 06, 2008 10:32AM
Just a quick message - I agree with the above.

Although the version I have of Elive 0.6.9 picks up my Nvidia GeForce 6200 ok

or seems to be ok

Until I load Firefox up with Adobe Flash Player ..... for some reason spurious lines appear across the screen and then a lock up occurs no warning and no crash message.

I have tried it from a clean install and also upgraded the system using aptitude and the same thing still happens.

Ok best of luck hope you can find a solution ..... cheers ......

Blender and Wings3d work perfect for me by the way so there is a big plus .......
August 04, 2008 07:48AM
yeah i agree with that too
i have nVidia 8800 GTS that i hope it will be defined automatically
but i have wLan D-Link DWL-G510 that uses RT61 chipset that i fear it will not work
January 31, 2009 11:45PM
I get the same thing, when i restart X i just get a black screen, and i cannot find the glx-new drivers in the repos. Im in Elive 1.0
September 20, 2009 11:56PM
See the future nurse mode feature implementation