Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

KDE desktop on Elive?

Posted by atari130xe 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
KDE desktop on Elive?
January 29, 2008 07:04AM
Hi Forum, searching thru Google I have found this:
www.tuxmachines.org/node/3072
is it possible to install KDE on Elive?
Re: KDE desktop on Elive?
January 29, 2008 11:47PM
wroong. this distro main aim is e- desktop so go away with this kind off q - if don't familiar or don't love it or etc, use debian or whatever ;] :P
March 21, 2008 06:38PM
Yes, it is possible to install kde on elive. It should be in the reposities. But it might not be added to the entrance.

Anu change that attitude, it is not nice to act like you do. If someone wants to install kde and you know how, you can help that person.
March 25, 2008 12:02AM
If you already downloaded the kde package then follow this link to add a kde enter on entrance

[www.espaciolinux.com]

It works on elive gem and it should to work on the development version too.

cheers.
June 18, 2008 10:20AM
Hello Guys,

Does someone know how to use entranced in order to start a new X session (login) under enlightenment?

Thanx for your help.
July 04, 2008 01:36AM
> **¤wasynyt¤ Wrote:**
>
> Yes, it is possible to install kde on elive. It
> should be in the reposities. But it might not be
> added to the entrance.
>
> Anu change that attitude, it is not nice to act
> like you do. If someone wants to install kde and
> you know how, you can help that person.

Yea, U right emosmile, Just i don't get it, why then to chose elive.. if e isn't acceptable.

to atari130xe - sorrry emosmile for my altitude, but why du u need kde here ? there is more other distros with preinstalled kde flirty
July 05, 2008 08:31AM
Funny. I have a very similar question. I actually use e17 on my desktop, but recently picked up an OLD laptop.

Elive Gem is the only distribution I could even get to install fully. Due to the restraints of the hardware, I wanted to run Openbox on this laptop (even though I have fallen in love w/ e17 for my Ubuntu distro).

I am going to give this a try. I'll have to use Google translate though emosmile .
July 10, 2008 10:51PM
hehehe It was just curiosity, I love Enlightenment too, anyway I have a new PC and it`s kinda hard to install (video problems) (I mean Elive Gem) :D