Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Entering Root

Posted by stephentony 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Entering Root
March 23, 2008 06:23PM
I am new to Elive and cannot seem to access root folders to add some wireless files to the firmware folder. I have a Atheros 5416 chipset and adding these files to the firmware folder and then using ndiswrapper to install works well in Linux Mint. The problem is I cannot access the root folders and add files to them. Could you give me a step by step. I love this distro and really want to make it work. Thank you very much!
Re: Entering Root
March 24, 2008 12:36AM
What version of Elive are you using? Have you installed Elive or running off of LiveCD?
March 24, 2008 08:35AM
Gem 1.0 and I installed off of a live CD. It just seems that getting into and making changes in root is not obvious.
March 24, 2008 11:02AM
Go to view - hiden folders and files ?¿ was that you problem?

If not Im sry I cant help you .Im a newbie

bye
Entering Root Please Help Me!!!
April 09, 2008 09:08AM
When I enter root I want to add some files to the firmware folder and I cannot find the root folders or change them in any possible way. When I go into hidden folders I can see root folders but I still cannnot add or make any changes. I should be able to do this in root. Please help somebody!!!
April 09, 2008 04:43PM
Hi,

In a terminal, type "su", after you are root, and you can type "thunar", it will run the file manager.