Entering Root
March 23, 2008 06:23PM
I am new to Elive and cannot seem to access root folders to add some wireless files to the firmware folder. I have a Atheros 5416 chipset and adding these files to the firmware folder and then using ndiswrapper to install works well in Linux Mint. The problem is I cannot access the root folders and add files to them. Could you give me a step by step. I love this distro and really want to make it work. Thank you very much!
Re: Entering Root
March 24, 2008 12:36AM
What version of Elive are you using? Have you installed Elive or running off of LiveCD?
March 24, 2008 08:35AM
Gem 1.0 and I installed off of a live CD. It just seems that getting into and making changes in root is not obvious.
March 24, 2008 11:02AM
Go to view - hiden folders and files ?¿ was that you problem?

If not Im sry I cant help you .Im a newbie

bye
Entering Root Please Help Me!!!
April 09, 2008 09:08AM
When I enter root I want to add some files to the firmware folder and I cannot find the root folders or change them in any possible way. When I go into hidden folders I can see root folders but I still cannnot add or make any changes. I should be able to do this in root. Please help somebody!!!
April 09, 2008 04:43PM
Hi,

In a terminal, type "su", after you are root, and you can type "thunar", it will run the file manager.