Realtek onboard ethernet adapter porblem
May 06, 2008 05:43AM
I have a realtek onboard ethernet adapter. when I open Elive Gem it doesn't recognize it. on the konsole I write networkconf it starts the program. but my adapter is not there. I want to use Elive but I have to use internet too :(
Re: Realtek onboard ethernet adapter porblem
May 07, 2008 07:24PM
May 07, 2008 10:07PM
thank you. I have to buy a ethernet card I suppose :( is not elive debian based? debian recognised my ethernet card.
May 15, 2008 01:15AM
Yes Elive is Debian based, so if Debian detect your card, Elive should do same.
What is the kernel module that Debian use ?
May 24, 2008 01:39AM
I am writing this message from Debian 4.0 R3. My internet and the realtek on-board network card works perfect. why the same thing does not happen in the Elive?
"Due to an oversight, the installer does not use the kernel version released with 4.0r2, but a slightly older one (2.6.18.dfsg.1-13). " says in the Debian Installation Information...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2008 01:44AM by thedeli.
October 30, 2008 06:07AM
hay people, the ethnet on the realtek intel board on this pc does not run either, that is in installed mode. But in live it is fine. It will even update itself but if attempt is made to use syn or configure internet it does not recognize?? What is the problem,. This is a downloaded test version does that make a difference would the contribute and non testing version work if so would be worth while but if it is as this one no need to purchase because it don't work@@ Since you appear to be using the same internet adapter which version is the one you are attempting to use? This is the unstable and it states the internet is temp? It is the latest test version??