Themes
August 15, 2007 04:17AM
Where are new themes to be installed for e17?
Re: Themes
August 16, 2007 07:10AM
Run Synaptic (package installation program in the Elpanel) and do searches for the following:

e17

enlightenment

theme
August 17, 2007 05:08AM
I am trying to install themes downloaded from get-e.org. Placing the .edj files in ~/.e/e/themes doesnt work. I had a post bookmarked on the old enlightenment forums but I cannot recall the info now.
August 21, 2007 02:00AM
themes of e17 uses a code, since e17 is not estable it don't has any "standard" for its code, code changes, to better, of course emosmile that's not bad, is very good, just to the themes codes needs to be updated

elive has all the available working themes for the e17 version that elive has, via apt-get, do dpkg -L packagename to know where is installed the files
idea
November 17, 2007 03:14PM
Hi Thanatermesis,

Please forgive my ignorance, I could not follow your instructions above. I have also done what Anthony did and placed the theme (.edj file) in the ~/.e/e/themes folder and it does not show up in the Configuration Panel - All I see is the Default, elive and Lucax under the Theme Selector - I have been able to add themes through the package installer and apply them in the ePanel.

You guidance will be greatly appreciated.
November 20, 2007 03:17AM
Hi...
You just have to run synaptic as root, and search for e17... Then you will be able to install all the themes which are on the get-e-org site. You just have to restart e17 and all these themes will magically appear in the configuration panel...
Excuse my frenglish... hmmmm

Ubuntu is a very old african word, to say :
"I can't understand my Debian..."
November 29, 2007 03:40AM
Just type as root:

apt-cache search e17 themes

and a list will show up. U won't see the themes cuz ur in a terminal but u can check'em in the site and then decide which one to install (I just installed all of them), to install it just type

apt-get install e17-theme-gant (just as an example)