Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

No internet and sid repositories

Posted by areku 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No internet and sid repositories
July 08, 2008 03:43AM
Hi!I'm new at this distribution and I love it. I've use Debian sid with GNOME for a long time and now I want to try with Elive.

I did't have any problem during installation, but when I booted up did't have Internet.

In other distributions the Ethernet works without problems but with Elive I don't have Internet. When I tipe "ifconfig -a" I only see "lo", eth0 doesn't appear. I have no idea of how configure it 'cause I've never need to configure it.

I have another question: I have a panoramic screen that Debian stable and Debian testing's Xorg not configured properly. I usually solve this upgrading to Sid 'cause the Xorg in this group set perfectly screens 1440x900 resolution. If I want to upgrade to Sid in elive, what should I do?

Thanks every one.
Re: No internet and sid repositories
July 10, 2008 09:55PM
1.st there is in this forum, a group off people, who cant have Internet why ? Search/read and make conclusions (or more directed question).

2. did You read on Elive site what packages Elive uses ONLY ? Read first.

gl. wink
Re: No internet and sid repositories
July 15, 2008 10:24PM
Do you have net interface in live mode? probably, Elive stable may has no driver for your network card, so, you can try elive 1.7.2 - it has solved the same problem with my notebook...